EVS Hospital Housekeeper
Detroit, MI US
Under the supervision of the Environmental Services Management Team, responsible for the cleanliness and servicing of assigned work areas, care of assigned equipment and economical and efficient use of all supplies. Responsible for performing a variety of custodial duties to maintain a sanitary and orderly condition of the hospital.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares patient rooms for new admissions, including restocking of linen and paper supplies.
- Reports any mechanical failures or negative conditions as observed in assigned areas for preparation of work order for the maintenance department. Notifies supervisor when supplies are low and need to be replenished and/or ordered.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, environmental and infection control standards.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit data per HIPPA regulations.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve departmental/interdepartmental objectives and maintain good employee relations.
- Enhances job related growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Custodial experience preferred.
- Pay: $14.75-$15/hour
- Morning, afternoons and overnight shifts available.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19