Pittsburgh/Slippery Rock- Cleaners
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
LGC Hospitality is seeking custodian workers for a school district in the Slippery Rock, PA area.
The custodian will perform janitorial duties that involve cleaning and sanitizing the school facility and its grounds in addition to performing minor maintenance. Work will involve a variety of physical demands. Ability to perform related tasks as required. Should be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Wipe, sweep, dust, mop, wash, vacuum, polish, and wax floors daily/as necessary
- Clean windows, woodwork, furniture, and equipment daily and/or as needed.
- Clean and sanitize rest-room facilities and keep areas supplied with towels, soap, and other items.
- Collect and dispose of trash from buildings and grounds.
- Perform unskilled maintenance work that can include, changing light bulbs, door repairs, unclogging toilets, sinks etc.
- Performs outside work such as cleaning walks, possible lawn maintenance, snow and ice removal
- Ability to follow instructions concerning various chemicals
- Should be able to function independently under standard operating procedures, with supervisor available to answer questions.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 1-2 years’ experience helpful.
- General knowledge of housekeeping, tools, equipment and supplies
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS