Detroit - Patient Safety Attendant
Detroit, MI 48034
LGC Hospitality is looking for a Patient Safety Attendant / Patient Sitter to work in Detroit Metro Hospitals. Experience is not necessary but willingness to learn and work hard are a must!
Requirements before starting working:
- -American Heart Association CPR certification (BLS version)
- -Valid TB test
- -MMR vaccination (measles, mumps, rubella)
- -This season’s flu shot
- -HS diploma or GED
- Remains at bedside of assigned patient at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Assists in calming and/or reorienting patient in cases of agitation or confusion.
- Removes visible hazards and/or broken equipment from immediate environment and reports as appropriate.
- Assists with keeping patient's room clean, safe and orderly.
- Maintains visual observations at all times. Accompanies patient when diagnostic testing is required. Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance, control, or other nursing interventions or exhibits unusual behavior or verbalizations. -Immediately reports any potentially dangerous behavior or concerning conversations to the nurse.
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patient when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment. Arranges meal break times with nurse and informs nurse prior to leaving patient for any reason in order that relief is provided to ensure constant patient observation. Never leaves patient alone.
- Assists patient with ordering dietary tray, setting up of patient's meal trays, basic positioning of patient and ambulation if patient is stable and gait has been previously determined safe by assigned staff nurse. May assist the PCT or RN with ambulation if directed to by the RN.
- Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others. Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environment safe. Seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to Charge Nurse
Please submit your resume! For all questions please call our local branch at (248)546-1446.